In which we discuss the first three episodes
We missed you Jean-Luc! Picard as the moral center of Star Trek, and the greatest of its captains.
Romulans. How to tell a Vulkan from a Romulan? Exploding stars. Detecting supernovae. The death cycle of a red supergiant. The reliability of physics across timelines/universes. The dangers of cleaving planets.
“Post scarcity” with holodecks and replicators, and the realization that there is still a limited resource: energy. Star Trek Kardashev levels.
Data. Lore. Data’s “daughter” from that one time on TNG. Bio-synthetic intelligent life. How important is embodiment?
- Star Trek Beyond: drone swarms, teleporters, and decompression w/ Jolene Creighton: Decipher SciFi
- Star Trek First Contact: transhumanism technology and ant behavior w/ Jolene Creighton: Decipher SciFi
- Star Trek IV – The Journey Home: whale margarine, transparent aluminum, and time travel: Decipher SciFi
- Star Trek Voyager: water, galactic scales, and coffee replicators: Decipher SciFi
- Galaxy Quest: the best Star Trek movie: Decipher SciFi
- Star Trek TNG: Netflix
- The Picard Song by DarkMateria: YouTube